Assessment Appeal Forms
The Complaint for Review form is supplied in .pdf format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and complete the form or to print the form. Acrobat Reader is free and can be obtained here.
For each parcel of property you wish to appeal, you will need to:
- Download the Complaint for Review form and the instruction sheet;
- Read the instructions and gather supporting documentation (SUCH AS: real property parcel number, personal property account number, Board of Equalization Decision Letter, Closing Statement)
- Complete the fillable form;
- Save the completed form as a .PDF and name it with the last name of the property owner or the name of the business or legal entity and “Complaint for Review of Assessment” (EXAMPLE: Smith Complaint for Review of Assessment OR ABC Company Complaint for Review of Assessment);
- Scan in and save the supporting documentation as a .PDF and name it with the last name of the property owner or the name of the business or legal entity (EXAMPLE: Smith Board of Equalization Decision Letter OR ABC Company Closing Statement);
- Email the completed form and supporting documentation to Legal@stc.mo.gov.
For more information on property tax appeals, please refer to the pamphlet Property Tax Appeals Before The STC of MO .
You may also email or call:
Missouri State Tax Commission